Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Art Attack: Googly Eyed Goons


I picked up an Art Attack (our craft program for teens, 13-19) on short notice and had to come up with something quickly.  If anything, I typically put too much effort and planning into my programs, so this was actually a good exercise for me.  Librarians should be able to come up with craft and program ideas on the fly.

So obviously, I went straight for my favorite craft material: GOOGLY EYES.  Then I glanced at the pictured Seventeen magazine with Miley Cyrus on the cover and it just came to me: she would look so amazing with googly eyes.  So I had teens go through our old magazines and cut out pictures of movie stars, heartthrobs, and the like, and put googly eyes on them.  Very simple and very fun.  I took the one I made of Jonah Hill and passed it to every teen and said "Just try not to laugh. I dare you."  Everyone laughed.  I'd like to think it was at my pun, but I think it was more the image of Jonah Hill with googly eyes.  They just make everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment