Monday, August 25, 2014

Back to School Display




However you would like to refer to him; Dr. Seuss, Theo LeSieg, Rosetta Stone, or Theodor Seuss Geisel, the beloved author had quite a way with words.  This specific quote is overdone in schools and libraries in my opinion, but that didn't stop me from using it for our back to school display: one, because it is a great quote, and two, it is long enough to fill our seemingly fifty-foot long bulletin board (I didn't measure it, this may be a gross under or over estimation... and one day I will figure the panoramic feature on my camera phone to post a more accurate picture).  Anyways, I had fun with this one.  I cannot take credit for the beautiful rendering of Donald Crews' Schoolbus, which was made in the past by one of our teen employees.  But I had loads of fun picking out some of my favorite characters to fly around in hot air balloons.  Not pictured are: Rosemary Wells' Yoko, Donald Crews' Peter('s Chair), J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter, Ludwig Bemelmans' Madeline, Don Freeman's Corduroy, and Eric Carle's Friends.  Pictured below are E.B. White's/ Garth Williams' Fern and Wilbur from Charlotte's Web, Maurice Sendak's Max and Wild Thing from Where the Wild Things Are, Kevin Henkes' Chrysanthemum, and finally H.A. Rey's Curious George.

No comments:

Post a Comment