Friday, January 9, 2015

YA Infographic Display



I have a fascination with infographics.  Have you ever seen NPR's amazing infographic on SciFi and Fantasy Literature?  It's inspiring.  If I had an infographic available for all of life's decisions, well, let's just say my life would be a lot easier!

But no such thing is true.  What is true is that I was able to take that inspiration and create an infographic of my own.  I decided to make one for the bulletin board in our Teen Space since I kind of thought teens would like the "quiz" style of the display.  Unless quizzes aren't cool anymore. KIDS THESE DAYS, AMIRIGHT?

Anyways.  I had fun with this.  Almost too much fun with it.  If I were a toocoolforschool teenager I would probably make fun of myself (I make fun of myself all the time, who am I kidding?) and say, "Look at that librarian trying to make a funny.  She spelled LOLS wrong.  Clearly it should be LAWLZ."  I seriously googled the difference in the two.  I could find no clear answer.  I meant to changed LOLS to LAWLZ after I printed.  See what we're dealing with here?

The best part?  This display board is right above the computer sign-in station so those teenagers HAVE to look at it!  If it ends up being a success I think I will get a little more specific with it; such as an infographic for historical fiction or graphic novels.


No comments:

Post a Comment