Friday, October 2, 2015

A Book a Day...


I must credit this pin with the idea for this display.  When I came across it, I just had to recreate it for an October/ Halloween display!

Halloween is my very favorite holiday of the year, mostly because of Halloween decor.  Okay, and candy.  And amazing/creative/hilarious costumes. And tiny babies dressed as pumpkins, dinosaurs, and ladybugs.  Animals in clothing, too.  Anyways.  I already put up the Halloween decorations at my house obscenely early, and now that it's October, library decorations are finally appropriate!

To make this display I created characters out of some of my favorite monster books-  Grover from The Monster at the End of this Book by Jon Stone, and Big Green Monster from Go Away, Big Green Monster! by Ed Emberley were made by cutting and pasting construction paper.

Wild Thing of Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak and the perhaps lesser-known (but childhood favorite of mine) Nightmare from There's a Nightmare in my Closet by Mercer Mayer were hand drawn using the library's finest sharpies and fat crayons.

I plan on displaying monster books for the month of October.  All of our Halloween books are already almost all checked out so we are going to have to get creative!

Have a spooky October, and don't forget!  A book a day keeps the monsters away!







No comments:

Post a Comment