Thursday, October 3, 2013

Catching Fire Display

It's exactly 50 days until Catching Fire is released in theaters on November 22nd, 2013.  To commemorate the exciting day, we will be holding a special Catching Fire movie release party this November, filled with super fun Hunger Games activities and games (spoiler: create your own victor!).  Because I am majorly geeking out over this, I couldn't even wait until November to start working on a display for this event, and let me just say, things got intense.  I am particularly proud of the flames coming out of the Mockingjay.  Get it? Catching Fire!


To make this display, I drew the mockingjay logo on yellow poster board, about one foot wide.  Then I traced over it with a Sharpie and cut out the middle pieces.  I coated the entire piece with some glitter glue I found in the craft closet, using a paintbrush.  Then, I layered red, orange, and yellow tissue paper and cut out a flame pattern.  I stapled the folded layers together and crumpled them up to give the flames a more fiery look, and layered the flames beneath the mockingjay.  Finally, I glued all of it onto a poster board, where I have written with cut-out letters: "May the odds be ever in your favor".  I obviously had a little too much fun with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment