Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Frog and Toad Display

And my adoration for Arnold Lobel continues.  I decided it was time to spruce up our Easy Reader display, and who better to spruce up the easy readers than Frog and Toad?  Don't they make you want to cuddle up and read a good book?

To create this, I drew a larger version of Lobel's illustration from Days with Frog and Toad onto a manilla poster board.  I colored it with colored pencils, and traced it and drew its opposite again so that the tree could be two-sided.  Finally, I glued each side of the tree together at the top, and onto a wood block at the bottom.  I also glued popsicle sticks in between the paper layers so it would have better support to stand up.  Finally, I tied on the sign with some pretty yellow string. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment