Monday, December 30, 2013

Winter Display

Rather than doing a typical holiday display for the month of December, I decided to share my love of children's winter themed books with a snowy display.  One of my all time favorite characters is Peter from Ezra Jack Keat's Snowy Day so I made Peter first.  I adore his cute little red snowsuit.  This display also gave me the opportunity to share my love of terrible puns by creating the headline, "SNOW Better Time to Read!"  I know that Corduroy is not a snowy character, but I wanted classics so I put him in a pair of ice skates (removable, of course, so I can use him in future displays!)  Finally, I finished up with the Snowman from Raymond Briggs' classic.  I vividly remember watching the film adaptation of Briggs' wordless picture book The Snowman as a child, and it is still (obviously) one of my favorites.


No comments:

Post a Comment