Monday, December 16, 2013

Winter Mitten Craft

Although I did not work the day of our holiday party, I did offer to help by preparing materials for a fun craft the kids could do.  Since it is a holiday party, I wanted to do something winter themed that could be used as a pretty decoration for any holiday: mitten ornaments!  I pre-cut pairs of felt mittens in an assortment of colors using the AccuCut (I don't know how I could live without this thing in a library), and made a little slit in the top of each one, connecting the pair with a pipe cleaner.  You could also use yarn, but the pipe cleaner was easier to use, important when you are preparing sixty pairs of mittens.  Finally, for the fun part, I decorated the mittens with glitter glue, sequins, cotton puffs, and foam letters.  Staff reported that the mitten craft was a definite hit!


No comments:

Post a Comment