Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Fizz, Boom, Read!

Our Library's theme for this year's Summer Reading Program is "Fizz, Boom, Read!" with an emphasis on all things related to science.  We will be encouraging reading and activities with a focus on STEAM (a framework for learning based on Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math).  There is a huge push for STEAM (or STEM) in schools and libraries across the nation.  (If you backtrack to my first-ever blog post on Shelf Indulged, you will see that the last Library I worked at had a Summer Reading Program theme of "Full STEAM Ahead... which I also made robots for because they are just the cutest.)

For our large display board in the hallway outside of the Chidren's Department, my very talented colleagues made a bulletin board display involving robots, test tubes, atoms, and DNA sequences!  I made the banner above the board, which reads, "Get Ready For A STEAMY Summer!"  It's being carried in the air by cute little handmade flying robots, upon whom I have not yet bestowed names.

No comments:

Post a Comment