Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Alphabet Display

When it was time to change up one of our themed displays, I first thought of alphabet books because we have gotten a lot of preschool teachers in looking for them lately.  We have a lot of storytimes that focus on early literacy, so I am hoping these books will move quickly.  I thought what better way to bring attention to them than the tree from Bill Martin Jr.'s now classic Chicka Chicka Boom Boom?! I had a lot of fun making the tree.  I rolled up brown butcher paper as its trunk, which I then propped up on two bookends.  I stapled palm leaves cut out in Lois Ehlert's distinct style to its top, then finally added letters A-Z to the leaves, which I punched out with our AccuCut. The tree took less effort than I thought it would and has gotten lots of compliments!



No comments:

Post a Comment