Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Miss Cassie's Tea Party


On Saturday mornings, our library holds a "Family Fun" storytime for all ages.  This is really the only time I use a theme... normally I find themes a little too limiting in terms of choosing titles that are developmentally appropriate for each age group, but this storytime being for all ages lets me broaden my horizons a bit.  And what better time for a tea party? Here is the storytime lineup:

  • Hello, How Are You?
  • If You’d Like to Read a Book, Clap Your Hands
  • The Tiger Who Came to Tea by Judith Kerr
  • Flannel and Song: I’m a Little Tea Pot
  • Madeline’s Tea Party by John Bemelmans Marciano
  • Flannel: Birthday Cake
  • Song and puppet: Muffin Man
  • Rhyme: Patty Cake
  • Tea for Me, Tea for You by Edward Gibbs
  • Song: Tea for two, two for tea, tea for you, and tea for me! I love you and you love me, we’re a happy family!
  • Song: Skidamarink
  • May I Bring a Friend? by Beatrice Schenk De Regniers
  • Song and dance: Teacup Hokey Pokey (Handle, Spout, Whole Pot)
  • Our Hands Say Thank You
After the storytime, we did a craft of making little tea cakes out of sponges, glitter glue, and sequins (inspired by The Craft Train).  I pre-cut the sponges into little rectangles and squares, and had a little "table setting" of materials laid out for each child.  They put their cakes together with "frosting" (glitter glue) and had a wonderful time.  I was also able to find these adorable tiny iced tea juice boxes that I served while we did our craft.  After all, what is a tea party without tea?!

No comments:

Post a Comment