Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Tribute to Arnold Lobel

Owl is one of my favorite storybook characters and always will be.  My favorite part of Owl at Home by Arnold Lobel is when Owl innocently lets Winter into his house, trying to be a kind and generous host, and suggests that he warm himself by the fire.  Owl is aghast when Winter barges in and makes a mess of snow and ice in his cozy house, turning his supper into frozen pea soup.

Many of Arnold Lobel's characters lend themselves to our Summer Learning Program goals, which are Read, Learn, Discover, and Create.  After a volunteer drew Frog and Toad, I decided to follow suit and draw Greg from Greg's Microscope (illustrated by Arnold Lobel), as well as Owl of course, Uncle Elephant, and Giant John.  I didn't have any idea how they would all turn out together but I ended up very pleased with the final product.


2 comments:

  1. Did you DRAW those?! CAS! This is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheri!!! I drew every one except Frog and Toad. I'm just an Arnold Lobel wannabe. :)

    ReplyDelete