Tuesday, September 10, 2013

DIY Fingerpuppets!

Instead of jealously eyeing my colleagues' finger puppet collections who have been children's librarians much longer than I have been, I decided to do something about my finger puppet deficiency.  I wanted to do "Five Little Speckled Frogs" during a storytime, and since I need to limit the amount of money that Amazon gets from me, Crafty Cassie came up with an idea inspired by a lovely valentine received last year.

All you need is a marker, heavyweight paper, scissors, and a stapler (get as creative as you want by adding other materials)!

Steps:
  • Draw or print images of your puppets; cut them out
  • Cut 3"x 1" strips of paper
  • Staple the strips of paper into a loop and press/fold down
  • Staple the images to one side of each loop

Voila!  Hand-made finger puppets!

No comments:

Post a Comment