Friday, September 6, 2013

Banned Books Display


The month of September brings me two of my favorite things: the beginning of Fall... and Banned Books Week!  This year Banned Books Week lasts from September 22nd through September 28th, 2013.  Intellectual freedom is a subject that is very near and dear to my heart.  It is no surprise to me that many of the most frequently challenged books of all time also hold numerous prestigious awards.  I will have my banned books display up during the entire month of September (my only complaint about Banned Books Week is that it is only a week long!).  And the only good thing about challenged books is that you will never run short on them for a display.  I made bookmarks that say "I Read Banned Books" and inserted them into each book on the display so that each reader can read with pride over his or her freedom to read and right to intellectual freedom.  Don't forget to check back later this month to see what I am doing for my special Banned Books Preschool Storytime!


No comments:

Post a Comment